Skin Laser Alternative Treatment For Skin Problems
Laser skin (Laser Skin) is a skin treatment procedure. Which improves skin condition with laser by firing a laser light directly at the abnormal area and peel off the skin layer by layer. It is call laser rejuvenation or laser vaporization.
Skin laser can help treat skin problems. In general Laser treatment will treat various skin problems as follows:
- vascular tumor people with red birthmarks Capillaries on the face or neck. That abnormally dilated hemangioma tumors (Haemangiomas) or patients with Kaposi Sarcoma can receive skin laser treatment.
- Unusual pigmentation or tattoos Skin laser is use to treat people with abnormal skin pigmentation such as birthmarks, blemishes, or congenital black birthmarks. as well as removing tattoos on the skin
- Hair removal Laser can use to remove hair. Especially those who have hirsutism on the body.
- Keloid and raised scars Those who have raised and thick scars or people with keloid scars It may be difficult to find a way to remove scars. Laser resurfacing can help to beautify the scar better.
- skin rejuvenation Laser skin resurfacing covers wrinkles, scars and sunburn.
- other treatment In addition to various skin problems already mentioned Laser resurfacing can also help treat warts caused by infection. Symptoms of lesions on the skin Skin cancer, acne and psoriasis plaques
Before deciding to do laser treatment, you should consider whether the skin problems. That occur can treated with such methods or not. Here we will only mention laser treatments to rejuvenate and adjust the image of the skin alone. which covers people with the following skin problems
- Wrinkles or wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, or forehead
- Dark spots, freckles or freckles in the elderly
- uneven skin tone or uneven skin
- sunburned skin
- Acne pits or scars caused by acne, chickenpox or injury.
- The skin regained slackness after lifting the skin.
However, laser skin resurfacing does not solve the problem of dark skin or stretch marks. People with skin problems as mentioned above should consult a doctor about the skin laser treatment procedure. to get accurate information Including helping to decide how to treat skin problems appropriately.
Types of skin lasers
Those who have skin problems related to wrinkles , dullness, burns, sagging skin or acne scars may able to get rid of these problems with laser skin resurfacing. The treatment will performed by doctor or skin specialist. The laser beam will help remove any traces or problem areas. Each type of laser differs according to the level of intensity. In general Laser use for skin resurfacing can be divided into 3 main types as follows.
- Ablative Laser Resurfacing is a method of firing a laser to remove thin layers of skin. The doctor will fire a high intensity laser into the skin. to peel the top layer of skin at the problem area The laser will pass through the middle layer of the skin. Makes the skin firmer and smoother. Each shot of the laser will remove damaged or damaged skin cells. This group of skin lasers uses 2 types of laser light to treat skin problems:
- Carbon Dioxide Laser (CO2 Laser) is a very powerful laser. The doctor will shoot a laser light in short pulses or continuously shoot a weak laser light into the skin layer. The heat from the laser will remove the thin layer of skin. This type of laser removes thick and deep scars. Used to treat wrinkles, scars, warts, large pores on the nose, as well as freckles and skin cancer. The carbon dioxide laser can cause pain during the procedure. And it usually takes about 2 weeks to recover.
- Erbium (YAG laser) is a laser that is use to treat superficial skin problems. That do not leave deep marks, such as wrinkles on the face, hands, neck or chest. And is often used to treat acne scars. The laser light can sometimes cause burns to the tissues. That were laser-treated. Swelling, bruising, or slight redness may occur as a side effect of the laser treatment. Resulting in faster recovery than laser treatment with carbon dioxide laser. It takes only one week to recover. Erbium laser is also suitable for people with dark skin.
A laser that causes the skin to peel only in specific areas (Fractionated Laser Resurfacing)
Type of skin laser that peels the skin. Used to treat specific skin problems. In which the doctor will shoot a thin laser light through the skin layer, creating many small holes. Where old skin cells are damaged. and stimulate skin cells deep down to produce collagen. The surrounding healthy skin cells heal the skin damaged by the laser. Cause new skin cells After laser treatment, there may be slight redness or swelling which will disappear within a few days. People who have this type of laser resurfacing may need 3-5 more laser treatments, spaced at least 1 week apart, but results may vary. Some people may see results immediately. And some people may need to take about 2-3 months to see the results clearly.
A laser that does not cause skin peeling (Non-Ablative Laser Resurfacing)
Intense skin treatment and takes less recovery time than laser treatments that cause skin peeling. The doctor will use infrared rays to shoot into the inner skin. The heat of the laser will stimulate the production of collagen and create new skin cells to replace damaged skin cells. It may take several months to see results.